Subscribe to the AAF
Information about Subscribing
The Australian Access Federation (AAF) provides access to over 1 million end-users through federated identity management. Subscribing to the AAF is a simple process. Choose the subscription category which is most appropriate to your needs, download and complete the AAF Subscription Application form from the subscription pack and return a scanned PDF to the AAF at email@example.com.
The AAF has four categories of subscription depending on your organisation’s size and intended use of the AAF. Choose the category that best meets the individual needs of your organisation / institution. For more information go to the Subscription Fees page.
AAF Enterprise and AAF Team subscribers can also choose to become a Member of the AAF. As a Member you are, in addition to being a Subscriber, also agreeing to be bound by the Australian Access Federation Incorporated Constitution. Becoming a Member gives you the right to participate in meetings of AAF Inc. and to have input into how the Federation is run.
You can upgrade to a Member at any time providing you meet eligibility criteria and conditions for membership. Both Subscribers and Members have full access to the services of the AAF.
What fees are associated with using AAF’s Services?
For further information on subscription fees visit the Subscription Fees page.
For more information about the AAF, visit the About page to view the AAF video.
Federation specialists will be available to assist with the technical deployment. Visit the Subscription Process for an overview of the steps required to subscribe to the Federation.
Directors of Information Technology
- Identify an authoritative source of information about your institution’s users.
- Deploy the Shibboleth Identity Provider component at your institution.
- Determine who is responsible for requesting server and appliances certificates for your institution.
- Identify your institution’s identity management processes.
Resource owners and service providers
- Identify which resources you would like to make available to AAF participants.
- Determine the business criteria for providing services.
- Identify authentication and access rules to be used with your resources.
- Integrate the Shibboleth Service Provider component and/or PKI authentication.
Senior managers (research strategy)
- Analyse AAF integration in terms of the strategic plan for your institution or area.
Researchers, other staff members, and students
- Identify which resources available at the federation you would like to use.